No manual extrude in Cura 3.4.1

Posted · No manual extrude in Cura 3.4.1

I must be missing something because I can't imagine that Cura would remove this feature.  I can no longer find the manual extrude and retract command in Cura 3.4.1.  I'm using a Printrbot Simple Metal Extended. I've read that the these controls should be under the Printer Controls menu in the Monitor page, but they do not appear for me.  I only see X, Y, and Z axis and Jog Distance controls.  Without these  controls I cannot use Cura to load and unload filament or clear jams.  

8-26-2018 9-53-39 AM.jpg

Posted (edited) · No manual extrude in Cura 3.4.1
    2 hours ago, ely said:

I must be missing something because I can't imagine that Cura would remove this feature

What you missed is that in 2016, Ultimaker started to rewrite all of Cura. Not all features were available right away, but most have returned by now (along with many, MANY new features). Unfortunately Ultimaker has lost interest in USB printing and especially manual control ("jogging") of the printer, so it is taking long for those features to return; they are contributed by external developers (like me). Extruder preheating and position jogging have only recently been reintroduced. Manual extrusion will too, eventually.

For now, use other software like pronterface for manual extrusion, if your printer does not have an interface to do it directly. Not the answer you were hoping for, but the only answer I have for you.

Edited by ahoeben