Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Rastamonk77

UM2 extended platform profile for Cura 3.4.1

Hello, is there anyone could let me know how to create a new  UM2 modified profile in Cura 3.4.1 that would not have the bed clip grey areas + and a larger printing area?

I'm currently using the magnetic lockbuild kit that extends over the bed clips, giving access to print over those area. + I've order some fan blower to create vertical shroud that will considerably reduce the footprint of the print head, giving me possibly an extra 10-15mm along the x axis.

This should get you started:

https://gist.github.com/fieldOfView/b24457b85c8464f15ca9c9dfeb0c7f36

Download the file, and place it in the definitions folder of your configuration folder (Help -> Show configuration folder). It inherits on the Ultimaker 2 definition. If this is an UM2+ instead, replace the two instances of "ultimaker2" with "ultimaker2_plus".

For the larger build area, you can use the Machine Settings. You can also put it in the definition file, but I'll leave it to you to figure out exactly how.

• Thanks 1