Latest troubleshootings with Cura 3.4.1

redslifer

Posted (edited) · Latest troubleshootings with Cura 3.4.1

Hi there. I am a new 3d printing user and own a cr-10S since 2 days ago, I tried various slicers but Cura really seems the more reliable print quality wise and because of the interface and easy of use. I actually use Ubuntu. I found some bugs (it tries to resets the settings at the first time you edit the materials, even if you do it it will ask again the next time; the dimensional settings on the left panel are cutted and not visible even if you put the curson upon them; the slicing settings words on the right are sliced and unreadable 50% of the scrolling times; the settings sub menus won't update with the right value but use a wrong one until you close the software), but with workaround it is still usable. After tinkering with the settings for 2 days I have printed my second benchy and it has been way better than the first, with only some things I am willing to solve.

You can find the album with benchy images here. I will attach the profile I customized too. The problems are listed in the album, and I can't find the setting to decide the pattern of the walls. I want to be as flat as possible, so especially that X pattern is not fine. Also that vertical pattern on the left is strange as all the rest is done with horizontal lines.

Thank you!

PLA stock v1.2.curaprofile

Edited by redslifer

Posted · Latest troubleshootings with Cura 3.4.1

Hi @redslifer and welcome to the forums.

It would be better if you created a new forum post with concrete questions regarding your printing issues. Right now I am not sure what you need help with.

Also if you want to see the bugs solved in Cura, you could create bug reports for each issues (check for duplicates) here:

https://github.com/ultimaker/cura/issues

Posted · Latest troubleshootings with Cura 3.4.1
    7 minutes ago, Nicolinux said:

It would be better if you created a new forum post with concrete questions regarding your printing issues. Right now I am not sure what you need help with.

Also if you want to see the bugs solved in Cura, you could create bug reports for each issues (check for duplicates) here:

I will create the tickets for sure, thank you.

As I said I wanted to know which are the settings that cause the top wall patterns to be like in the top view photo, as some walls have X patterns, some vertical patterns, some horizontal patterns.

And then which settings would help to solve the jagged margins and the rough roof, the little overextrusion on the walls, and the unreadable words.

Posted (edited) · Latest troubleshootings with Cura 3.4.1
    20 hours ago, Nicolinux said:

I noticed Cura does not create a "complete" shell but just a shell on the sides, so the top and bottom frames use different settings and from the top even the wall is visible and separate from the rest. Even around the Z in the image I will attach, there is a different surface 1 mm near the Z and far, which is more similar to the external wall surface.

Is there any way to make the top and bottom freames uniform with the margins?

They seem a separate thing, because both the roughness and the movement the printer uses the create them, as the movement is different for every wall (parallel to the longest side), while it is the same for all the surface.

cubo.jpg

Edited by redslifer