Ideas come from the strangest of places

kmanstudios

Posted (edited) · Ideas come from the strangest of places

I found the image on some article about an unfinished airplane somewhere. Did not read the article. Was just inspired by the image. Kinda the ol' 'See one thing but perceive another.' Like clouds in the sky or shadows on the wall

Edit:

Yup, you were right. Hadda go look once you got into specifics:

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/antonov-an-225-kiev-ukraine/index.html

Edited by kmanstudios

Posted · Ideas come from the strangest of places

I'm always taken aback when I see creation in progress.   The revisualization (if that is a word) of an abandoned fuselage into something that could be the centrepiece of a sci fi show.    Pretty neet. 

I look at that same original photo and think about how salvageable that build could be, what would come of corrosion or stresses on parts that were only supposed to be in their current state for a few hours, instead of the months or years it has been. 

Which is why I make parts with my Ultimaker, while you make art!  Thanks for sharing.

J

• Like 1

You are welcome. ?

As for the real thing, I would love to get a fuselage like that and plop it somewhere and make a living abode out of it.

And, by the way, parts are far more useful than art is.

9 hours ago, kmanstudios said:

And, by the way, parts are far more useful than art is

Well, that discussion would occupy an afternoon and more than a few cups.   While I make my living from math based stuff, it would be a cold and barren pursuit if not for art.  At least for me, if not for those things that remind us of beauty, I'd  soon forget to look for it in my struggle to get everything done.

The other night I was passing an isolated thunderstorm over northern Canada.  Alone in the dark,  the cell was lit continuously from within by lightning,  the intensity of the storm created an ionized glow immediately overhead, while still further aloft was a green, dancing curtain of northern lights.   All the way from the ground to space appeared to be lit up.

Our aircraft and systems are an engineering marvel.  Could not hold a candle to that vista.   

Art wins, at least IMO.

Cheers

J

Math is art. Math is everything and everything is math.

It can go either way and math will not know which is which. It just does. It is why I love me fractals so much. Lately, I am just getting the sculpting bug out, but will soon return to me fractals. And, I do love math in all its vagaries.

I think somewhere in the middle of your appreciation for my efforts and mine for what you do lies a truth. One is not superior. Different, but not superior.

• Like 1

Yeah, I gotta finish my "Sea Witch" and "Uncle Creepy" and then maybe "Cain and Abel (with Gregory)" from the house of mystery......

I think that will cure the bug for a while.

But starting to do fractals in exploration to be ready.....

But, I go through phases.....

The printed prototypes are here with the design for the base and such for the lit model.