Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
rowehankins

printing problems

good morning guys and girls. 

new here and after some help.

ive been printing for about 1 year so far with not too many problems,

today i tried printing and my print has come out rubbish (see attached picture)

im currenty useing Tough PLA with 215'c temp on a 60 degree bed. 

ive never seen this before and stuck with what to do. 

PLEASE HELP. 

CHRIS

20180906_085518.jpg

20180906_085513.jpg

Hi Chris and welcome to the forums.

It looks like the nozzle with TPLA had some form of under extrusion in between and then PVA(?) got stuck in between because of oozing. If that's the case, make sure to check that the TPLA spool can unspool correctly and that your nozzle (or print core) is clean.

Which printer do you use? Which filament brand is it?

hi nicolonux

thank you for your reply.

spool can freely unspool and core is clean i have only just replaced the BB 0.4 core. 

i am useing ultimaker 3 

filament is ultimakers own brand tough PLA i didn't have this problem with normal PLA .

chris

Ok another idea would be to print a narrow but tall single extrusion object in TPLA to rule out any interference from PVA.

You said that the BB 0.4 core has been replaced. Was TPLA printed with an AA core and PVA with a BB core?

The reason I am asking is because the print seems to recover further up. D you use the latest Cura version and is TPLA and the right print core selected in Cura? If so, I'd advise to use on of the provided printing profiles ("normal" or "fast" in this case).

hi Nicolinux

yes im usein the latest issue of cura and all cores are correct. 

i have started the same print off again see picture this time seems to be better. but as u can see u can see all the layers it has printed. 

think im going to order normal PLA as the problem has only happened when i got TPLA

chris

20180906_143704.jpg

20180906_143700.jpg

20180906_143709.jpg