Dry storage of single spools

Smithy

Posted · Dry storage of single spools

I just want to share the outcome of several ordered, returned and tested boxes for single filament spools.

For the storage of more sensitive materials I looked for a single box solution, because the bigger boxes need to much space in my "maker space". After searching the web & forums I only found one Lock Lock box which should fit a spool. I ordered it, and yes it fits a spool, but its a little bit too big. So I tried other types and finally found a good box which fits perfectly a 750g spool.

These two boxes are working:

• Lock & Lock HSM952 (fits perfectly) ~ € 11.-
  • Lock & Lock HSM947 (a little bit too big, but if you have thicker spools, or want to put an additional 350g spool to a 750g its also ok) ~ € 12.50

Not cheap, but I decided to store only the sensitive ones in the boxes, so it is ok for me. Normal PLA is in a cupboard with some bigger (1kg) silica packs and should be more than enough. In each  single boxes I put 2 10g silica packs.

So just as information if someone is looking for a suitable box for a single spool of filament. 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...