Same PLA. Same File. Two Different Printers. Two Different Prints

damn_printers

Posted · Same PLA. Same File. Two Different Printers. Two Different Prints

Hello, 

I am having trouble with my Ultimaker 3x. I recently did a firmware update and am wondering if it is the cause...?

I have attached a photo of two prints, same object file, same material, two different printers.

The object on the right was printed using my Ultimaker 2x, the left object was printed using the Ultimaker 3X.

The one on the right is smooth, one on the left is wavy. Same material, same file.  

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help. 

IMG_1444.JPG

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Which print settings did you select in Cura for the UM3? The wavy pattern might be due to ringing (can't see properly though, maybe you have a closeup on the UM3 model?).

Hi,

take a look at this guide:

https://support.3dverkstan.se/article/23-a-visual-ultimaker-troubleshooting-guide#ringing

Ringing can happen when the head performs quick moves. Reading through the guide I see that it might also be the infill showing through the outer walls. I am not sure about it either, maybe others will chime in.

Which print settings did you set for the print on the UM3? The screenshot you posted looks like Cura 15.x and for the UM3 you should use the latest Cura 3.4.1 (well for the UM2 too but if you can).