bearsfeat

how to heat nozzle during a pause

Posted (edited) · how to heat nozzle during a pause

Hello,

I have a UM3 and am printing two colors of PLA.

I am concerned that nozzle 2 may be clogged.  The build tried a prime blob and a skirt for #2 and nothing came out.  I have a few hours before the build calls for #2, so I thought I would pause the build and address the issue.   But, when I paused the build, the nozzle 2 temp was down to ~60° and falling.  Is it normal for the machine to cut power to the nozzles during a pause?  Is there a way to turn the heaters on while paused?

Thanks

-Nate

Edited by bearsfeat

Posted · how to heat nozzle during a pause

Check this link. It was written with PVA in mind, but will work with PLA as well.

Thank you kman! - I am grateful for the tip as well as the extended learning into the PVA "lacing" that I (we) suffer from. - Nate

Your are welcome ? Only  took a yearn and a half for that to occur to me. Glad it is of use to you ?

Great advise, Also where is there a comprehensive guide on the differences in printing these filaments.  I have never printed with ABS or PVA. would love to give it a try as soon as I fully understand the printing differences, pros, and cons.