Start G-code

mickey

Hi guys first time user here 

I have a Anet A6 hobby printer

I have leveled the bed and everything looks great and the XYZ go to home position just fine 

I am using the Cura 3.4.1 version on my Mac High Sierra 10.13.6

When save the print file and install the Micro USB into the printer and then I select the print file to print

all the axis move to start printing but the extruder starts going downwards into the bed and gets stuck 

I know there is something I can change in the start G code to get it to go to a relative position and just start printing 

Can anyone please look at this G-code and tell me what I need to change so I  can print my kids toy replacement part

I have checked the stop switches and they are all in place and operates fine but for some reason the extruder starts going down from left to right 

I set went to the venue and set the axis to home position then I went and disabled the motors and manually (slowly) moved the bed to each corner and leveled the bed with the nozzle 

Also measured the Z axis to make sure it was not out of alignment and it is perfectly straight on either side.

Your input will be greatly appreciated 

G28 ;metric values

G90 ;absolute positioning

M82 ;set extruder to absolute mode

M107 ;start with the fan off

G28 Z10 ;home Z

G1 Z15.0 F840

G92 E0 ;zero the extruded length

G1 F200 E3 ;extrude 3mm of feed stock

G92 E0 ;zero the extruded length again

G1 F840

M117 Printing...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 26 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies