Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
bman

random tool change moves in cura 3.4.1

I have been using cura 3.4.1 for my dual extruder reprap machine and have been using the change tool gcode for moving the nozzles off the print why they heat up.

The print works fine, but then randomly, I will get a move that sends the print head crashing into either the X or Y or both endstops.

This random crashes did not occur prior to the use of the tool change code and there are many tool changes thoughout the print. But somewhere during the print, could be hours into it, the heads will crash.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so can you supply a solution?

The tool change does nothing more than move the head to the X30 Y30 position, off the print, and waits until the nozzles change to the correct temperature.

Thank you

I am still having this problem. The attached file is a test I did today with dual extruders and support material. The second extruder is just doing the support interface layer.  From what I can tell ( I am a novice) there is a random move on layer 3 that sends the head back to the X0 Y0 position. This caused a head crash.

This position is far away from the print and takes place after the brim has been printed. I see no reason for this to happen.

I would appreciate some feedback. PLEASE

Edited by bman
happend again. Added the file that it happened on