UM2 (not plus) replace extrusion tip?

jbeale1

Posted · UM2 (not plus) replace extrusion tip?

I have a UM2 which is not a "Plus" or "Extended". All the replacement extruder tips I can find indicate they are for the UM2+ which I do not have.

I see there is a "UM2 to UM2+" upgrade kit but it includes other things I don't want (eg. extruder drive motor assy because I already got the Bondtech QR extruder assy) and anyway the UM2+ upgrade kit is apparently no longer stocked by "MatterHackers" (I am in the US).

Do I have any reasonably-priced options to just replace the 0.4mm extruder tip itself?

Posted · UM2 (not plus) replace extrusion tip?

You can just buy a Olson block at your ultimaker2 reseller. If you never replaced the original nozzle you may have trouble getting out the heater or sensor. Worst case you damage a wire and have to replace the pt100 heat sensor. It's pretty cheap to get a new one though. If you don't want to be out of business long get a spare before you replace the block.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies