Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
jbeale1

UM2 (not plus) replace extrusion tip?

I have a UM2 which is not a "Plus" or "Extended". All the replacement extruder tips I can find indicate they are for the UM2+ which I do not have.

I see there is a "UM2 to UM2+" upgrade kit but it includes other things I don't want (eg. extruder drive motor assy because I already got the Bondtech QR extruder assy) and anyway the UM2+ upgrade kit is apparently no longer stocked by "MatterHackers" (I am in the US).

Do I have any reasonably-priced options to just replace the 0.4mm extruder tip itself?

You can just buy a Olson block at your ultimaker2 reseller. If you never replaced the original nozzle you may have trouble getting out the heater or sensor. Worst case you damage a wire and have to replace the pt100 heat sensor. It's pretty cheap to get a new one though. If you don't want to be out of business long get a spare before you replace the block.