Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Verne64

Horizontal "bands" in print

I have this weird issue with horizontal bands showing up in my print, and am hoping someone can shed a light on the reason for this. I'm using a bit of an unorthodox nozzle size and leyer thickness, but I don't think that is what's causing the issue. 

I am printing on an Ultimaker Original+ with a 1,8 mm nozzle. My layer thickness is anywhere between 0,4 mm and 1 mm. Print speed from 20 mm/s to 38 mm/s (I  make all speeds equal in Cura except for the initial layer, to prevent large pressure changes in the nozzle). I am printing in spiralize mode. The filament I am using is HiPs.

DSC_0285.JPG

As you can see in the photo that I have attached, I get some pretty obvious horizontal lines over the printed surface. I tried messing around with different speeds, layer thicknesses and acceleration and jerk settings, to no avail. I took a real hard look at my layer preview in Cura and discovered that the horizontal lines are actually present in the preview and can bee seen in some angles (second image). I also noticed the location of the lines changes when I use different layer thicknesses. I think the lines show up every thirteenth layer, independent of layer thickness.

print-defect2.thumb.jpg.784054bc914dd1310dea10f50b1a9ce8.jpg

Can anybody tell me what could cause this issue? And maybe more importantly, how to fix it?

Edit: The problem doesn't occur without spiralize contour being turned on. However, I would like to spiralize, because of the z-scar...

Edited by Verne64