Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
AmateurCatArmaments

Hello! Complete Newbie Here

Greetings all,

I bought a 3D printer last week on impulse because it's been something I've been wanting to do for years. My coworker has the same printer as the one I got (Monoprice Delta Mini Select V2), and he isn't as technical, and so as I set things up and researched them I documented my steps and took pictures in order to help him out.

I ended up turning what I did into blog format since it's the easiest way to organize it all. I figure it might be useful if others were new or had suggestions on other things I could research and try. 

So far I've set up the printer, hooked up my old Rpi w/ OctoPrint, got a webcam to explore OctoLapse / YouTube Live, and printed a handful of objects.

I'm painting my first set of things, and I am excited to learn more and become part of the 3D printing communities. ?

I'm not sure the best place to post things like this, but as I went along setting things up there were definitely instructions that were outdated or maybe weren't as detailed as a novice like myself would required. I also include many cat pictures, because I love cats. ?

My blog is https://catgeek.blog and I would love to get some feedback. I have a lot of content that outlines everything I did over the span of the first 6 days with the printer. Most of my new posts are going to focus on more fun things like the projects I'm working on.

Anyway, I would love some feedback and suggestions on where else I could share, I would hope to encourage people to jump into 3D printing like myself and leverage what I learned to have a more streamlined experience.

Welcome!

I wish you the best of luck and I'm certain that you will be as hooked as the rest of us!

Happy printing and I'm looking forward to seeing some of your work, it's nice to see/read what other people are doing, unfortunately I don't share as much as I'd like to, but thats another story...