Temp difference for 0.6 Nozzle

Link

Posted · Temp difference for 0.6 Nozzle

How much temperature increase as people running for the 0.6 nozzle over the 0.4 nozzle ?, the default PLA material profile for Ultimaker PLA for example adds 10 deg extra for the 0.6 nozzle, however this seems like too much as it gets slightly blobby at this temp. 

What are people using ?, is anyone changing the retraction settings for the bigger nozzle ?

Posted · Temp difference for 0.6 Nozzle

With PLA when I swapped from a 0.4 to 0.8 nozzle on the same modeI, I did not change settings and it came out fine. It was a new Colorfabb colour for me and I had not done any testing, I just used some settings from another Colorfabb print. So although the 1st print with 0.4 looked Ok maybe I was a bit hot rather than optimum and so the change to 0.8 was OK. I am not sure I would go rushing to add 10 deg for a 0.6. Best thing to do is to print a test cube and change the temp during the print or print multiple cubes at different temps; personally I would go 5 deg difference.