Section Gear no longer jumps to Pref/Settings sub-section (Cura 3.5.0)

mhutchinson

Posted · Section Gear no longer jumps to Pref/Settings sub-section (Cura 3.5.0)

In 3.4.1 and earlier, you could go into the right-hand menu, and go to any section (for this example we'll use "Experimental") and click the gear. The Preferences/Settings menu would open with the selected category (in this case "Experimental") set, and expanded. One could then add/change/delete the menu options under that category.

In 3.5.0, the gear opens Preferences/Settings, but leaves the list homed at the top of the list "Quality"

(System tested under Windows 7 64-bit, Exisiting 3.4.1 install, Cura 3.5.0 install without removing 3.4.1, will repeat with Windows 10 when I fire Win10 up.)

Funny, if there were menu options besides Basic and Expanded (such as user definable menu profiles) I wouldn't be in and out of the config menu to add/remove options so much. Super handy way to point people DIRECTLY to the sub-option they need to expose to change. Hope it comes back in 3.5.1++, I've gone back to 3.4.1

• 2 weeks later...

I'd taken a vacation from CURA, and I forgot about this. Still there, still annoying. There are worse problems, but this remains.