substitute for blue tape

augusto

Posted · substitute for blue tape

Hi guys,

just to let you know, I saw some threads about the use of substitute for the blue tape. I`m using the painting tape over the blue tape and I`m getting really good results. The pieces are getting a good grip on it and also I can get it loose very easily. Here is a picture of what I`m using.

Also it can be found in any of these painting store, it is larger than blue tape and also cheaper.

image%20(4).jpeg

Cheers!

Augusto

The problem I found with using multiple layers of tape is that usually the tape-tape interface is the weakest part of the set up and warping will cause the top layer of tape to peel off the lower one.

Hi illuminarti

till now it is working nicely for me. Credits to my wife that asked why I couldn`t try this one.

I`m a new user, but I was changing constantly the blue tape. After changing to this one I`m changing very few times and also removing the pieces much better.

Thanks for you reply.

Augusto

I use something the same, but only by one layer.

There is also a much wider variant. Found it in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNbKywtywE8

Also user Thingster mentioned a permanent print plate (for a heated bed but maybe it also works without):

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/2668-assembled-upgraded-ultimaker-for-sale-germany/

I’m also very happy with the 5 cm wide white tape but then I went a few Euro’s cheaper again:

20130824_150735_zps1fed5bde.jpg

So I'm back to my first white tape, still much cheaper then the blue one.

Groet Dree