Cura asking for same 'per model settings' on every model

bbasiaga

Posted · Cura asking for same 'per model settings' on every model

Hello,

I recently started trying CUra 3.4.1 for my slicing software.  It has been a learning curve but successful prints come out great.  I am having one curiosity occur that I would like some help to stop. 

Every model I load says it needs the same 'per model' settings defined in order to slice.  In the message I get it says I need to define 'gradual infill step height, Prime tower x position, Prime tower Y position.'

I have my graual infill steps in my profile set to zero, so by my understanding the value in 'gradual infill step height' should not matter.  The box for grual infill step height is hidden in my profile because I have the infill steps set to zero.  Is there a way I can make this stop asking for a value every time?  

The prime tower x and y position values also cannot be set in the profile because they are related to dual extruder machines.  Since I have the number of extruders set to 1, i should not need to define this.  However, I notice that if I put a value in for infill step height it stops asking for prime tower x and y position. 

Anyway, it is needless extra steps in my slicing process to have to set the infill step height each time. Any help to get this set up so I don't have to do it would be appreciated.  

Brian

Could you add a screenshot of the message? Slicing should not require per model settings, and I can't think of anywhere in the code where such a message is created.

Sure,  here is the screen shot.  You can see in the bottom right it says 'unable to slice', and in the bottom middle there is the error message.  I get this for every model I try.  

cura capture.JPG

Thanks. This message says nothing about “per model” though; it tells you that there are errors in some setting values. These settings may be “hidden” in your sidebar, but that does not mean they don’t have an (illegal) value. Use the search in the sidebar to look for the setting, and make their values legal (eg prime tower location has yo be inside the buildplate, whether a prime tower is printed or not)

In the little box underneath the model on the build plate it says "unable to slice due to some per-model settings".  I can see if I set these things in my profile but it does say per-model in the error message. 

Ok, so here is what I did.  I had to un-hide the gradual infill steps height box in my profile by putting a value in the gradual infill steps box.  Then I entered a value in the infill steps height box of 1.  After that, I set the gradual infill steps back to zero, which hid the box for gradual infill step height but retained the value in the profile.  Now that there is a 1 in there, regardless of the status of the infill steps, I no longer get the "per-model settings" error.  And it makes no further mention of prime tower position either. 

-Brian

Glad to see you got it working, and sorry for not reading the message box; there's a very similar message that does not mention the per-model settings, and I assumed that you got that one.