No video on S5 in applications

talker13

Posted · No video on S5 in applications

I just picked up an S5 and noted that it has issues displaying the webcam in applications.

It fails to load in either Cura (3.4.1, 3.5 and 3.5.1) or the Ultimaker iPhone app.

I have tested with the URL as well.  Using the /?action=stream it will try to initiate a download in Edge (Win10) and works fine in Chrome.  Using the /?action=snapshot works in both browsers.  I have tried this on multiple PC's/phones as well.

My UM3 does work fine through the same applications.

Are you attempting to use the phone application when connected to the same WiFi network that the printer is connected to?

I ask because you can’t configure the phone application to connect via a specific URL.

All was done connected to the same network.

All connected to the same network (and both WiFi and LAN for the S5), I did the following.

Within Cura, trying to preview a print brings up a black screen with the little page and X in the upper left corner (as though the file/stream fails to load).
    Within Cura Connect, trying to preview a print brings up a black screen with the little page and X in the upper left corner (as though the file/stream fails to load).
    Within the Ultimaker App on the iPhone, trying to preview a print brings up a black screen , though I do not believe I saw the X on that one.
    On two Win10 PC's (same ones that I load Cura on), using Chrome, I.E. or Edge and typing the ULR http://IPADDRESS:8080/?=Snapshot I see the snapshot fine.

On the same two Win10 PC's (same ones that I load Cura on), using I.E. or Edge and typing the ULR http://IPADDRESS:8080/?=Stream I get a prompt to download ?=Stream.txt as a file.
    On the same two Win10 PC's (same ones that I load Cura on), using Chrome and typing the ULR http://IPADDRESS:8080/?=Stream, I see the live stream fine.

I have experienced similar if not the same a couple time.

When I did a Cura Connect reset from the printer control panel the issue was resolved. Early on we also did a network reset however, I believe that the Cura Connecy reset was was cure.

8 minutes ago, talker13 said:

That was the fix, indeed.

Thank you, Shadowman.

You are welcome .... now pass it on to another in need of assistance as I was initially helped too.

More than anything, I appreciate you sharing that your issue was resolved.

Takes care 

Thanks for the answer 

I am having this same issue and will reset it to after my 5 day print.

don't know if this will interfere with the print