"Time Display" on UltiController is wrong

Posted · "Time Display" on UltiController is wrong

I'm looking for a Solution to get back the Time an Object has to finish printing an Item. The UltiController shows the Time since printing was started, not the Time used to finish a Job. How do we change this Behaviour? Is this a Problem of the Marlin Firmware or is there a Setting in the UltiController I don't know?

I used the Time displayed to know when I have to get the finished Parts off the Bed and start a new Print. (Helpful for long Printjobs over Night)

Any Help is welcome...

What's the difference between both ?

When the print is finished the UltiController displays a second time in the bottom left that is different from the one on the right.

I think he wants "time left till print is done", but currently the controller does not know this. It can guess it, but it will be off. (It could take the time already printed, and how far it is in the file, and extrapolate the final time from that)

I just have one Time displayed on the right Side and it continues to "count up"... The Time I'm interested is how long a Job took to finish. What I remember is that earlyer the Time displayed stopped after finishing a Job. Now it continues to count up Time. Normally, when I start a Job, I want to know how long I can leave the Ultimaker allone and when I have to return to remove the printed Item and start a new Job. It's helpful when printing a Job over Night. I dont have another Time displayed on the UltiController. The Bottom Line (4) just displays Status Messages. Maybe I miss something?

How long a job took to finish is displayed after it's finished, in the bottom left corner, but it disappears if you navigate the menu.

As for the time it is going to take, Cura can estimate it.

I have started a new Testprint to see what's on the Display after the Job finished.

Daid: I observed a Phenomen that makes some Prints very weak. The Infill is following the outer Contour instead of using a fixed Basepoint. On some Prints, especially some with an Angle of about 45°, the Infill is very weak. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:139087

Test finished and You are all right: the Time is displayed in the Form "x hours y minutes". That was a 17Minute Print. but always when I print over Nigth, the Display dissapears, but the Time since Start stays alive. The Printer was not touched in this Time. Strange....