adding custom supports to a tall thin model

bman

Posted · adding custom supports to a tall thin model

I have been trying to print some very tall thin models ( 10mm wide, 229mm long and 190mm tall). I have had little sucess with this.  I have tried large brims, reduced speed, blue tape, glue stick etc. All f which have failed near the top of these 11+ hour prints.

I am looking for away to add a custom support along the sides of the model to provide stability as the model grows taller. Maybe a removable support that angles from the bottom up to the top.

I do not seen anyway to add a custom support like this to Cura. Does this feature exist in Cura 3.5 and if so how do I use it? If not, do I need to do a custom support in something like meshmixer?

Thank you

Posted (edited) · adding custom supports to a tall thin model

There is a plug-in; “Custom Supports” in Tool Box drop down withIn Ultimaker Cura that allows you to define your own supports. I have not used it but have watched a few videos; maybe this will work for you.

Let us know how it works for you.

Edited by Shadowman
    Spelling