Cura - Menu drop downs blank

Brink

Posted (edited) · Cura - Menu drop downs blank

Hey all

I've not really been able to find any similar issue's to mine as of yet, so hoping posting here would get me rolling.

I just picked up my first 3d printer and have been told Cura is the software is the place to be. So I installed 2.5.1 which installed successfully, started up the programme and opened a .stl file (Ender 3 printer). It worked for about a minute (panning, zooming, x-z-y moving etc), although as soon as I started clicking on the menus or anything else it would crash the software. I've tried clearning appdata, reinstalling, installing 3.3.1, 3.4.1, 3.6 beta which have the same issues. After an install it makes it past the update log before crashing, after attempts simply opens to a blank window of the software and I am at a loss. I've tried running in admin, running in compatibility for windows 8 or 10 as well.

Event Viewer shows:

Error - Application Hang

The program Cura.exe version 0.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
 Process ID: 4230
 Start Time: 01d472d9d7b39d04
 Termination Time: 12
 Application Path: C:\Program Files\Ultimaker Cura 3.5\Cura.exe
 Report Id: 023e2916-2949-4059-9446-498572252a43
 Faulting package full name: 
 Faulting package-relative application ID: 

I have also added my DxDiag if that helps?

Thanks in advance!

DxDiag.zip

Edited by Brink

Posted (edited) · Cura - Menu drop downs blank

Hi all.

Quick update, I just installed Cura 15.04.3 which came with the Ender 3, which seems to be working fine. Although as far as I've read this is older software and I can see some limitations in setup/profiles for printing.

I reinstalled again using, removing the appdata cura folder which seems to have resolved the issue I was having with the crashes. I can now install any cura version (back to 3.2) and it works. What I am left with is software that has menus that load for about 7 'hovers'. By hover i mean I can see the menu drop down items. After this it goes blank and almost all options disappear across the software.

Screenshot 1.PNG

Screenshot 2.PNG

cura.zip

Edited by Brink
    Added Cura Logs

Posted · Cura - Menu drop downs blank

Interestingly, after a few days of perfect software use. My problem has returned! Going to have to mess around with the drivers some more by the looks of it. Very odd ?

got the exact same problem today....worked perfect till today

Quick update: No fix for it so far, but I've pretty much learnt to deal with it, thankfully all the print settings load fine besides profile selecting, so no need for constant restarts