S5 belt coupling loose

HardWater526

Posted · S5 belt coupling loose

The left belt coupling on the x axis is loose on the belt on my 2 week old S5. Twisting the x axis, i can get a half a tooth worth of movement as it slides along the belt. How do I go about tightening that up?  I dont want to just start tearing it apart. I have already had to do the axis alignment to fix slop in the x axis shaft that was there on delivery, and I imagine i will have to do that again once that block is fixed. 

Thanks, but unfortunately it isn't a loose belt. The belt is tight, but the plastic coupling that wraps around the belt and supports the x axis rod slides back and forth on the belt. The rest of them grip tight and have 0 movement. It looks like they just unclip and pop off, but considering its only 2 weeks old, I don't want to break something and be down a printer when its just causing some rough prints now. 

Ah, now I get it, so you say the belt slips in the "Sliding Block" (the name of that black thing)

Then it must have been wrongly installed in the factory, I never heard this before.

The block has two plastic parts that click together, I would ALWAYS advice to replace them after you take them apart, as the clips holding them together will almost certainly damage when opened.

There's a spring inside the block, that probably was mounted incorrectly.

It's an easy fix, but considering it's a new machine I would contact the re seller to have them do it,  Unless you're not close to a reseller then have them send you a new block+spring and do it yourself... I would not ship the machine away for something like this...

image.png.5a6d20ea6eedf6cd70b321019604630f.png

https://ultimakernasupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004339946-XY-Axes-Parts-Belts-Pulleys-Motors-

https://ultimakernasupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004168803-Reseating-Your-Sliding-Blocks

• Thanks 1