USB Device Not Recognised

FirstKnightOfNi

Posted · USB Device Not Recognised

I recently bought a Creality CR-10. I set it up for the first time and everything was working great within the software. The next day I went to print and the machine was no longer connected to Cura. I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in and I kept getting the error code USB Device Not Recognised.

I've tried restarting my printer and my computer. Nothing.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver. Nothing

I've tried uninstalling the driver, restarting the computer and hope it does it on its own. Nothing

What am I doing wrong with this machine? 

Hi and welcome 

here are not so much people with a CR10 but maybe the COM port has changed and is now on another number?

And you could also try to delete the printer from Cura and add it again. 

Had some USB trouble on a Creality Ender 2 maybe it's related. For me the issue was that the USB cable didn't sit well enough in the port which is a bit too large. I could solve it by pressing down the metal pin on top of the USB port. Now I can't remove the cable any more but the connectivity is stable ?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies