BB 0.8mm print core

aag

Posted · BB 0.8mm print core

Quick question. Under which circumstances does it make sense to use the 0.8mm BB core with "natural PVA"? And is it advisable to print PLA with AA 0.4mm on extruder #1 and PVA with BB 0.8 with PLA in the same print? Sorry for the naive questions - I am totally new to all this.

Don't have a 0.8 BBcore myself, but fore sure it could speed up things. I should give it a try myself 😉.

Found a big time saver myself today in a 4 days print:

When using PVA as support. there is no need (I think) to use a support Interface on the bottom.

cura default in 3.5 is using the same interface thickness for top and bottom by default.

saves time to use in only only on top.  

A 0.8 core allows for faster print due to bigger flow at the cost of precision and details. If what you print is something that has simple geomatry and no tiny details, using 0.8 core will greatly speed up the printing process. That's the main advantage of it.