Hanabi

Code part responsible for file opening

Posted · Code part responsible for file opening

Hallo

I'm new to Ultimaker Cura and am still exploring the whole project. I am interested in the code part which is responsible for opening a selected file when the user clickes on "Open File(s)..." in the Cura application. I think I could use this code structur for some of my plugin ideas which involve the automatic opening of a specific file. I was looking at the read methods of the MeshReader and FileReader classes in the Uranium Framework but did not find the answer there. I was not able to find this part in the Cura code either.

Does anyone know in which Class I can find this implementation? Or does anyone have an idea how I can automatically open a File with a plugin extension?

Hello

I cannot help you with your specific question, but I think you should ask this question also in the Github area of Cura, because there are more developers available than here.

@nallath No, I haven't. Thank you very much for pointing this function out to me. As far as I see this function should provide me with the needed information. Thank you!

@Smithy Thank you for your tipp about asking in the Github area. I will consider this in the future.