Disable Second Extruder, Prime Tower Settings, Won't Print

AbeFM

Posted · Disable Second Extruder, Prime Tower Settings, Won't Print

Going back at least to 3.5.1:

When you disable the second extruder, many changes are made automatically, one of them is setting the Prime Tower X and Prime Tower Y coordinates to 0.

Even with the prime tower turned off, this triggers an error, and won't slice due to "per model settings".

image.png.b7f9e5dc7b9e256d22aeedf293a97d2e.png

Two problems:

1) Prime Tower Position is NOT a per-model setting

2) There's no reason not to slice due to poor positioning of something you're not using.

I suggest removing the tower position as a "per model settings check".

I suggest tweaking the check to something like " && !(prime_Tower_Is_Enabled?)

Or if I'm doing something wrong, let me know. Currently I just set standby temp to 0 (preventing extrusions but not travels), or add another printer with one nozzle and try to keep them concurrent.

I'm having some trouble reproducing this. If I disable an extruder, it never tries to change the prime_tower_enabled setting.

Could you share your exact reproduction steps?

Ok.

Install CURA fresh. Allow it to delete old profiles. I added ONLY a generic printer, set for 2 extruders. Use, verify functionality, quit CURA (done in the "before time"). Perhaps yours doesn't do this because you've installed an UM profile in your CURA? (I didn't test that)

To answer this post, I:

Load CURA 3.6.0

Right click, Disable second extruder

This notice, similar to but out of order from the lower notice shown in previous post appears.:

image.png.2649b951e2fe4d572fffe1679d65464d.png

Not hard to reproduce on my end! No model, no nothing.

It seems to happen with Prime Tower enabled or disabled. The option always comes back on regardless of previous state when I enable the extruder.

Even with your reproduction steps, I still can't reproduce it. I've tried it with a clean install and using the build that we provided, but still no luck. 

Hmmm, at an impasse then. 

Is there something I could do to help you see it happening in a way that would help?