Connecting S5 to a 3 extended group

TomAbram

Posted · Connecting S5 to a 3 extended group

Hello,

we have 3 ultimakers connected to our network. I have a 3 extended set up as a group host and have a 3 connected to that group. I can print over the network to both of these printers. The issue I have is that we also have an S5 and I can connect it to the group but not set the build up as a S5 then print remotely. I can see it on the network but have to print via USB. Is there any way of either setting up 2 groups or connecting a S5 to a group of 3's

I hope this makes sense and that someone can help. It is frustrating me. I can monitor and control the prints once I have started it but not send the print or automatically detect materials.

Thanks

TOm

You should be able to use the S5 as stand alone network printer, without any group. Just setup the printer in Cura connect to it and send your job via network.

If you still want to group the printers together, then the S5 must be the host of the group to work with the UM3s.

The UM3 firmware is a bit outdated in this aspect, it was released before the S5 was there (apart from a minor update that came out when the S5 was there). We are working very hard to get a new version of the UM3 out so that both the UM3 and S5 are in sync again.  Under the hood a lot of things were shuffled around and this makes the update process complicated. We want to do a lot of testing here before we release the new UM3 software.

• Like 1