ibd

Trying to "present" print after finished, but Y = -10 so cannot move

Posted · Trying to "present" print after finished, but Y = -10 so cannot move

I'm trying to "present" the finished print by inserting appropriate move codes at the end of the gcode file.

My end gcode includes this:

G91 ; relative positioning
G1 E-1 F300 ; retract the filament a bit before lifting the nozzle, to release some of the pressure
G1 Z+0.5 E-2 F1500 ; move Z up a bit and retract filament even more
G90 ; absolute positioning
G0 X0 Y220 ; present print

However, the bed does not move forward. If I try to move the Y axis manually, I see the current position after the print is negative (Y=-10), so it will for example refuse to move in 1mm steps. I suspect this also blocks the move command.

How can I fix this?

Posted · Trying to "present" print after finished, but Y = -10 so cannot move

First of all I would avoid the G91.  You can reset the extruder to zero:

G92 E0

But I wouldn't reset any other axis.  You can still use the G1 E-2

Now why are you moving the Y to position 220?  That's all the way to the rear?  Would it be better to move Z to 220?

I guess I need to see a photo of your particular printer.  On the ultimaker printers, moving Z to 220 would make sense as that lowers the build plate down (the head doesn't move up and down on ultimaker printers).

wait - you must have a bed that moves in Y.  Okay I like this - slide the print forward to the front of the printer.  Just don't do this G91 at all as it is probably what is causing you the problems.  G92 is much safer.  G91 probably has bugs.