Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
bassman6805

Bottom and Top Layer Infill Issues

I am hoping someone can help me with some settings on the bottom and top layers.  I have a Creality Ender 3 printer.  I have set the infill to 100% and when it prints the first layer it seems to have gaps in it like it's not filling at 100%.  Same problem with the top.  The outside of the side walls are nice and smooth so I'm guessing the layer height is ok but can't seem to get similar results on the top and bottom.  Any ideas?

For me, it looks like that the distance between bed and nozzle it to high and therefore the material will not be squished enough into the bed. Have you leveled your bed correctly?

What are your other settings? Line Width, Nozzle size, Layer Height, First layer Height? Would be much easier if you would post your Cura project here.

Do you see the problem already in the layer view in Cura?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Our picks

• Ultimaker Cura | a new interface
      We're not only trying to always make Ultimaker Cura better with the usual new features and improvements we build, but we're also trying to make it more pleasant to operate. The interface was the focus for the upcoming release, from which we would already like to present you the first glance. 
      • 95 replies
    • "Back To The Future" using Generative Design & Investment Casting
      Designing for light-weight parts is becoming more important, and I’m a firm believer in the need to produce lighter weight, less over-engineered parts for the future. This is for sustainability reasons because we need to be using less raw materials and, in things like transportation, it impacts the energy usage of the product during it’s service life.
      • 12 replies

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!