Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
JLH

Recommended Print Setup

Hi,

I have an Ultimaker 2+ Extended and I'm wondering why there are only some layer heights availible under  recommended stettings for different nozzels, where as choosing an Ultimaker Original+ there are a number of settings to choose from. Is there a way to unlock the greyed out layer heights using the Ultimaker 2+? I like selecting the nozzel in the dropdown menu where as I have to change this in the machine settings using the Original+. And most recommended speeds and other settings differ. I'm using Cura 3.6.

Thanks

Yes there are other settings as well, which are optimized for different profiles. So the default profiles in Cura have different settings, based on the layer height. 

I would suggest, that you stay at the beginning with the default profiles and only tune other settings like speed, wall count and so on to get a better feeling for it. Using not recommended layer heights will work, but you need much more understanding what you have to tune to get good results (like, temperature, flow, speed)

I mainly intend to use the printer for mechanical designs. I chose a 0.6mm and 0.8mm nozzel because they print faster and the mechanical properties of the print are higher. With only one profile (fine) it takes ages for the parts to finish. Which brings me back to my actual question, why is there only 1 profile for the Ultmaker 2+ (fine) and 6 for the Original+ (extra fine, fine, normal, draft, coarse and extra Course). I really don't want to get a feeling… I would like to design and print.

So is the best bet to just use the Ultimaker Original+ in my settings and go with those profiles? Even though the common profil (fine) differs? 

Ok I see, I also tried to add a UM2+ to my Cura and I have the same behavior. It is strange because with my UM2Go I can choose from several profiles, but the UM2 has no dropdown to select the nozzle.

I am out of ideas, but I am sure there is a way. Here are a lot of users with a UM2+ so, let's wait if some else jumps in with a hint.

Thanks Smithy, I’ll try the 2go... if that works I’ll use it instead.

2go has fewer profiles, slower speeds and can’t select nozzle from menu...

Guess I’ll have to wait.

Edited by JLH