Not sure about setting the ink levels for certain models

muscipula

Posted · Not sure about setting the ink levels for certain models

I have an old copy of Cura that lets me save Gcode model images but I am stuck, or rather the ink is not sticking to the base-plate of my TronXY XY-100 printer. It sticks perfectly fine when I print a model that was supplied by the people who sold the printer and I notice that to make the model stick to the base-plate an initial serving of ink was pasted to add as a base for the model. I have other models that I want to print and cannot work out where in the printer settings I can do the same thing.

There is an 'initial ink' thickness setting but after increasing this, then saving the model file to the SD card and attempting to print the same thing happens. First the ink is really thin and does not stick to the base-plate. I have added an additional plate to the acrylic plate and slightly filed it. I followed the guidelines by using a single sheet of paper to measure the gap of the nozzle and basa-plate but it seems that the only model that will print is the one and only supplied by TronXY.

Is there a way where I could import the printer settings from the working model file itself into Cura and then use those settings?

I have attached the working file.

Thanks in advance.

Andrue

20mm_box_pillar.gcode