Cura Connect | Survey Read more... ×
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
robin-van-der-molen

Is there anyone willing to let me build their Ultimaker?

Hey guys,

Since it will take a while before I got saved up enough of money to buy my own, I was wondering if there is anyone willing to let me build his/her UM. (free of charge, only shipping costs)

I want to do this so I can record everything on video, and just because I think that it would be fun to do!

but since I live in North Holland (Alkmaar region) you might consider building it yourself if your living in a different country (due to shipping costs ;) ).

i agree... people just handing you their new 3d printer kit..mmmm... dont think so.

BUT !

why not volunteer with ultimaker in their factory and say. I want to build ultimakers for a solid week... maybe they say yes ?? I have no idea but it doesnt hurt to ask ?

Ian

i tried, they told me they had enough builders :(

I think you will have a difficult time getting someone to send their $1800 Ultimaker to someone they don't know. Not trying to stifle your efforts here but just thought I would throw that out there.

I understand, but that's why I am searching locally. so the person knows where I live and maybe build it together :)

but then again I might be just naïve and really easy trust people :p