EdwardMNC

Cannot get infill to print after doing Vase, surface, spiralize prints

Posted · Cannot get infill to print after doing Vase, surface, spiralize prints

I printed some vase type things a few weeks ago for the first time and now cura 3.6 seems to ignore that I have turned off smooth spiralized contours and surface mode to normal or both.  when I import a design it shows up with no top or infill unless I set the infill to 100% then it looks solid.  thanks for any adice you can provide!

Edward

there should be a profile drop down where you can choose for example "Draft 0.2".  There should be a star there.  Click that start.  This shows you all the deviations from the standard profile.  Look for settings and values in italics in the lower right corner of that dialog.  Make sure you click both the "global settings" tab at the top of that table and the "extruder" tab(s).  Look carefully at all the settings you have changed that are different from the standard settings.  All the ones that are italic in the current column are modified.

yep that's what it was!  thank you!  I was surprised I couldn't use a profile that had spiralize and then turn that off for the model I'm working on.  Now I know!