Steverc1572

Submitting a new Printer Definition

Posted · Submitting a new Printer Definition

How do I go about submitting a new Printer Definition file (json)? 

I asked this in another topic and thought it would be better to start a new one.

No, I am not. I have already written the json and have it working to my satisfaction. I just need to submit it. I cloned the master, I think,  and it shows up under Repositories, then I created a branch called CR-X.  Is this correct and do I upload my printer definition and extruder jsons here.

Capture 1.PNG

Posted (edited) · Submitting a new Printer Definition

Yes, sofar this looks correct

Edited by ahoeben

Do I upload my printer and extruder json's into the resources folder and then their correct folders (definitions and extruders) or just in the main area and then submit a pull request?

You add the files you want to be added in the correct location inside your own branch.

Bummer, I got all excited about the new release of Cura 4.0 thinking my Printer definition would be listed for the CR-X but it wasn't. How long after it has been submitted and accepted (it has been a little over 2 months) does it usually take before you see it included in the new versions?

Once a release is in beta, no new features are allowed, to decrease the chances of new issues being introduced. A printer definition is seen as a new feature.