Material is ground down by the feeder

jorgevgg

Posted (edited) · Material is ground down by the feeder

Hi,

I´m having some problems with my Ultimaker 3 extended, and i hope you could help me. 

The problem arises when I print large pieces (from 3-4 hours), the feeder begins to wear the filament until it finally remains unusable and is not able to continue circulating to the extruder, therefore the flow of filament is less What should and should print something similar to a bird's nest, where the lines are much narrower than they should be, generating an inconsistent and useless piece.

I have  tried to reduce the pressure that the feeder exerts on the filament, but the result is the same.

He also realized that the filament is approaching the extruder, the thickness of this tendency to increase, so at first you could say it was a problem of clogging the extruder, but you can also change to a new and persistent problem .

Could you have some advice, or would you know how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance

IMG_5675.JPG

Edited by jorgevgg

Posted · Material is ground down by the feeder

It seems you have a problem with your nozzle and/or Bowden tube. So do some hot/cold pulls to clean your print core, or try to use another print core to see if there are any differences. Additionally depending on how old your Bowden tube is and how much you print with abrasive materials you should also replace the Bowden tube. UM recommends to replace it every year.

The third option is, that your feeder gears are worn, but that is only the case when you have printed abrasive materials.

But I guess your nozzle is clogged and therefore then filament cannot be extruded as it should and you get under extrusion on your prints.

• 1 month later...
    Posted · Material is ground down by the feeder
    On 1/21/2019 at 1:36 PM, Smithy said:

It seems you have a problem with your nozzle and/or Bowden tube. So do some hot/cold pulls to clean your print core, or try to use another print core to see if there are any differences. Additionally depending on how old your Bowden tube is and how much you print with abrasive materials you should also replace the Bowden tube. UM recommends to replace it every year.

The third option is, that your feeder gears are worn, but that is only the case when you have printed abrasive materials.

But I guess your nozzle is clogged and therefore then filament cannot be extruded as it should and you get under extrusion on your prints.

Hi Smithy

I've done what you said and it works properly.

Thanks a lot.