CURA 4.0.0 BETA Good so far :-)

imk001

Posted · CURA 4.0.0 BETA Good so far :-)

Hello,

Well been a ver 15.x.x user for few years and happy with it until few day ago when 15.04.6 sliced an stl ok but but the print would not fully print.

So i tried ver 3.6 and it sliced and printed the STL just fine, so problem solved.

Took me a bit of time to find and enable all the options needed to get stl sliced and printed but after 3hr of searching i got it working.

Only problem seems to be is that it sometime does not find the Prusa i3 printer, so have to reboot pc, which fixes it.

Only thing i would add/change would be:

1. Import of old cura config at 1st time start up, this would save much frustration. (Create an initial MY BASIC CONFIG)

2. the way the stl object 3D display works is MUCH better on 15.4.6 as it keeps the object in middle of the view port more.

Where 3.6 brings it forward and downwards so  the print object drops off the bottom of the view port, not nice.

As for 4 beta well the print object zooming in/out seems to have same mis-functional issues as 3.6.

Although i do like how the slice/print/setup options are accessed eg drop down... Much better.

I shall try to see how well it prints tomorrow, keep up the good work and do fix the zooming off bottom of page issue and i think you have a gooden :-)

I have attached the STL that 15.4.6 seemed not to print fully. it was on the bed with the two screws holes on the print bed

Fully supports at 60 deg, with brim, 30% fill, it printed  2mm or so then just stopped, tried it few time and same problem.

I looked and the layer view and one side did not seem to be fully supported, which is where i think the printing froze.

Hope that helps 

Ian Knight

Tuner-2-SpacerSupportLeg-1-3.stl

• 4 weeks later...