Modify TinkerGnome source code to swap round hotend heater 0 and 1

Octocom

Posted · Modify TinkerGnome source code to swap round hotend heater 0 and 1

Hey all,

My hotend heater blew the other day and since then no matter what I change multiple times temperature sensors or heaters (30w,35w and 40W) with base pid settings for each watt the autotune always fails by over shooting over 20c.  I have tried all suggestions on the forums for pid, but there is a consistent overshoot speed.

I think my mosfet might be damaged, so I want to build a firmware using heater and temperature device 2 as default. If it is the mosfet at least I can use the 2nd connection as a redundancy so I don't have to buy a new control board. 

Can anyone advice the source code reverences need to be changed? and would this just be in the Configuration or Configuration_adv as well?

Luke

Posted · Modify TinkerGnome source code to swap round hotend heater 0 and 1
    2 hours ago, Octocom said:

I want to build a firmware using heater and temperature device 2 as default

I think, swapping the pin numbers in "pins.h" is all what is needed.

In "pins.h" go to the section "MOTHERBOARD == 72" and swap the pin numbers between

HEATER_0_PIN  /  HEATER_1_PIN

TEMP_0_PIN / TEMP_1_PIN

https://github.com/TinkerGnome/Ultimaker2Marlin/blob/geek_mode/Marlin/pins.h#L1192

good luck!