printing models on top of each other?

aag

Posted · printing models on top of each other?

Recently I noticed in cura 3.6 the ability to mark an object as support. There's also a setting in preferences to disable "drop object to bed".  You may be able to use just that setting to move the second object high enough, and generate support everywhere as normal. Alternatively, you could create a third object that's just the support shape you need and then mark that object as support to stack the objects.

I think that's a way to do it, but maybe the more important question is what are you trying to achieve?

Posted · printing models on top of each other?

I am printing several perforated tiles. I like to print them horizontally, because that does not need support in the holes. But they take up a lot of space, hence I'd like to print a bunch of them on top of each other to save me time and nerves.
    image.thumb.png.87e065fe0bb1a17f603307b42a2e1482.png