vkmicro

Need help, gaps in layer which are left for later to be filled (cura 3.6)

Posted · Need help, gaps in layer which are left for later to be filled (cura 3.6)

Hey everyone.

So I've recently got into 3D printing.

And i've run into an issue i can't figure out how to resolve. 

I use Cura 3.6.0
While sliding prints with large flat areas, especially ones which have a flat area and then another layer on top of it (think of a badge, where you have a flat part and then stuff extreded out, i don't know how to better explain it, pictures will show), anyways. Cura leaves GAPS in the layer print, and then fills them in last... which is weird and results in some very ugly and unpleasant flat layers.

please take a look at the pictures and I hope someone can tell me which settings would cause this and how to adjust the settings to avoid these issues.

Thanks!

gaps in layers - print .jpg

gaps in layers 3D slicing.PNG

Posted · Need help, gaps in layer which are left for later to be filled (cura 3.6)

The way to avoid those gaps is to use the expand skins setting. Have a play with that.

14 hours ago, smartavionics said:

The way to avoid those gaps is to use the expand skins setting. Have a play with that.

thanks a lot. I'll try it 🙂

BTW, you can lose those ugly lines on the top skins by setting the combing mode to no skin.

28 minutes ago, smartavionics said:

BTW, you can lose those ugly lines on the top skins by setting the combing mode to no skin.

alright, i'll try that too. Thanks again. Appreciate your help!