browntastic

Ultimaker 2+ "Reading card..." and nothing else

Posted · Ultimaker 2+ "Reading card..." and nothing else

I just bought an Ultimaker 2+. I set it up, calibrated, and was ready to print, so I inserted the SD card. The machine says it's "Reading card..." and nothing happens. It just keeps reading the card. I've seen this problem posted elsewhere, but no one ever has a solution that is confirmed to work. Is it the type of card, the cables, firmware? I can't seem to find a definitive answer anywhere.

Is it brand new or used?

I would get another card.  Is the card shipped from UM or did you buy your own?  Try to buy the exact same type that UM ships with.  I recently bought these on amazon and they arrived but I'm not sure if I tested yet.  No - I'm sure - I stuck it in the machine but haven't tested yet.  My original UM printers came with 4GB SD cards.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FM5E1EY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I would also try formatting the SD card using a windows computer or if you only have a Mac there's probably a way to format it in some windows format.  I'm not sure what format is best but I assume possibly FAT32.

It's used. SD card my own. I've ordered some 4GB cards, and I'm going to try formatting the ones I already have on a Windows machine. Thanks for your reply.