Cheap 1kg spools

cloakfiend

Posted · Cheap 1kg spools

Hello, I just bought some super cheap 1kg spools and these are the first ones i came across that dont fit on the s5. Not a real concern though as they are so cheap and quality is not all that and they actually weigh less than a kg of any other filament i have. Odd. Eitherway just using it to experiment with my fabrics. Bottom layer on salt sucks compared to colourfabb, its flat but there are weird wrinkles on the edges. But, at least simply balancing them on the spool worked just fine!20190306_171501.thumb.jpg.289b59a85f6f968107ff850966268619.jpg

On 3/7/2019 at 4:57 AM, cloakfiend said:

its flat but there are weird wrinkles on the edges.

This is probably because the bonding is not so good? Can you see it wrinkle already while printing these layers? I have noticed that in PLA from the ICE-brand the outer edge also curled up a little bit, although otherwise it printed very well. So there seems to be quite a difference in bonding from PLA brand to brand. For Ultimaker and colorFabb PLA bonding was better for me.

I have a spool of glow in tge dark from ice and it prints very well. In fact without issues at all. The support is also very good so i cant complain these above are from the brand alcia3dp (the oversize1kg spools) looked ok going down but must have raised after the fabric layer and addition layer. Ill post pics of a comparison to colorfabb which didnt have this issue. Also the spool was not as heavy like for like with the colorfabb, as if its somehow diluted or thinned. Making it lighter..