Import scaling issue

Posted · Import scaling issue

I'm new to Cura. When importing a model in STL format (from SketchUp 2019) I'm finding it is being scaled-down to a really small size - like 3.5mm across when it should be 3 1/2 inches across.

I've tried adjusting the Sketchup export settings and done some test models made in mm's instead of inches but still the same result. Anyone else experience this or know what's causing it - or what I'm missing?

Posted · Import scaling issue
    14 hours ago, gr5 said:

Just scale up by 25.4.  It's trivial to do.  Click on the part in sketchup, click on the scale tool on left side, choose 2540%...

Thx gr5. That works but hopefully I won't have to do this all the time.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.8 beta released
        Another Cura release has arrived and in this 5.8 beta release, the focus is on improving Z seams, as well as completing support for the full Method series of printers by introducing a profile for the UltiMaker Method.
        • 1 reply
      • Introducing the UltiMaker Factor 4
        We are happy to announce the next evolution in the UltiMaker 3D printer lineup: the UltiMaker Factor 4 industrial-grade 3D printer, designed to take manufacturing to new levels of efficiency and reliability. Factor 4 is an end-to-end 3D printing solution for light industrial applications
          • Thanks
        • 3 replies