marcottt

how to replace model printer on screen

Posted · how to replace model printer on screen

Hi all, there is a way to put stl file in cura to have on screen object inside printer? i use it to better understand orientation.

thanks

Sorry for my English 

I mean, in the interface I wanna have not a simple round plate (I have a delta printer) but I wanna import an stl of my printer to have an eye of printed part inside. 

This is useful for better understand position of objects from my eye, to better rotate It and see difficult printed part better. 

This is only possible with printer definitions, like the ones listed when you Add a printer to Cura.

solved, with "process explorer" fro microsoft i see cura open an stl file in C:\Program Files\Ultimaker Cura 4.0\resources\meshes , i replaced the file with mine and oplà:

image.thumb.png.28f1e258b0cf28666908595d66e30128.png

In that case I did not understand your question. I though you did not have a buildplate model at all.

20 hours ago, ahoeben said:

In that case I did not understand your question. I though you did not have a buildplate model at all.

no problem.  in this way is better because i see the printer display panel so i can rotate part to better view print from my chair