Tree support dots?

batesman

Posted (edited) · Tree support dots?

Hello!

I've never seen this before using 3.6 and I've been using tree supports for a bit. I'm currently using Cura 4.0. Printing a hollow object, Cura is putting these small "nubbins" on the print bed. The nubs around the perimeter are there to support a small chamfer. I'm not sure why Cura is putting the nubbins inside the middle rectangular section. they are there regardless of which slicing tolerance I choose.They increase or decrease as the tree support branch distance is raised and lowered. I'd like to get rid of them. Thoughts? Is the issue specific to 4.0?

Capture.JPG

Edited by batesman
adding content

Posted · Tree support dots?

Downgraded to Cura 3.6 and the issue persists. I think it has something to do with the model, but I've already run a Netfabb repair on it. It's manifold so...I'm not sure what else could be going on.

Someone else had this issue in 3.2.1

I suspect that last one is a different (but perhaps related) issue; we've since solved the 'tree support starts in air' problem.