Sign in to follow this  
CrimsonSeraphim

Wanted: Scale-invariant infill

Posted · Wanted: Scale-invariant infill

I frequently want the ability to set the infill percentage such that it will provide a fixed size of span. The reason is simple: my printer's ability to produce high quality top surfaces is dependent on the size of the spans required, the temperatures, and speeds of the profile, not by the percentage of infill. If I could say "give me 5mm spans" that's a lot more useful than "10% fill", which is scale-dependent. 10% might be fine on one model, but totally wrong on the next.

Is there a way to make this happen using some current capabilities?

Posted · Wanted: Scale-invariant infill

Yes, set the infill line distance explicitly rather than letting it be set automatically from the density.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Our picks

• Ultimaker Cura 4.0 | Stable available!
      Ultimaker Cura 4.0 is mainly focused on the improved user interface and cloud integration.
      As always, we want to collect your user feedback for this release. If there are any improvements you can think of, feel free to mention it here and help us to shape the next release.
      • 98 replies

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!