build plate sliding sideways

aag

Posted · build plate sliding sideways

It doesn't happen very frequently, but it does happen. Tightening the clips helps, but not always. I consider it a design flaw: Ultimaker could have completely prevented the issue by raising the side borders of the build plate.

Maybe two little angles could like these be hooked to the adjustment screws. However, I do not know if it is possible to print them, as they would have to be very thin and should withstand the build plate heating over a long time. Sheet metal would be ideal, but such custom pieces may be expensive. Any opinions? image.thumb.png.50fa213506b0f4f7d30bf9affb77959e.png

image.png

Posted · build plate sliding sideways

Can't you tighten the clips carefully with a plier?

But I agree, a sort of quick lock mechanism like in camera-equipment would be good, similar to this (the one on top). Although I don't know how well this holds under repeated vibrations for days, which we have in 3D-printing. At least, it would require a strong spring, not just mechanical friction, to hold the lock.

image.thumb.jpeg.c1a7e78bd862f7d32829cd322ac1ee5a.jpeg