davek17

Print head assembly rods worn

Posted · Print head assembly rods worn

Hi There

We have been having a few issues with our UM3 which has meant we've been needing to unscrew the print head a lot. so the 4 long screws that pull the whole print head together with the hex tops are failing. The hex tops are just no longer biting the hex bits we have.

Can someone help me out with where we get these as I tried UM, our reseller and am drawing a blank.

Any help appreciated

Did you try contacting fbrc8.com?   They are U.S. based part supplier.  If they dont have it or can't get it, no one can.  They ship super fast.

Last ditch effort would be to try McMaster-Carr, Fastenal, or Grainger.  Can determine the thread size with a thread checker or calipers, and then measure the shoulder length, thread length, etc to get the exact screw you need.

They are M3 screws (3mm - standard thread).  With "socket cap" screw heads (although any head type should work).  You can indeed measure the length and get similar ones (threading will probably run the length but that's fine).

Hey guys, sorry for delay in getting back to you.

I'll go and try those places then. Sounds like I just have to hunt for a raw screw then. I was hoping there would be standard place someone else had bought them from before to make life a little easier. These ones on the UM3 seem to be very soft, the UM2 ones I have seem to wear much better?