Gcode for Ultimaker 2 and Ultimaker 2+

gilbert

Posted · Gcode for Ultimaker 2 and Ultimaker 2+

Hello

Are Gcode created by Cura for an Ulimaker 2 or a 2+ more or less similar?

I have a 2+ and a friend has a 2. I've used by mistake a Gcode for the 2 on my 2+ and it worked perfectly.

If the Gcode are interchangeable it would make exchanges easier.

Regards

Especially for PLA and models that aren’t too complex, the gcode is fairly interchangeable. 

The 2+ has a better feeder, so Cura may produce gcode that has extrusion and retraction speeds that could cause some skipping on the extruder when printing with the UM2.

Thanks for the information!

So if I understand well: Gcode for a 2 used on a 2+ causes no problem, Gcode for a 2+ used on a 2 may cause a problem.

If we have a 2 and a 2+, it can be a good idea to only create Gcode for a 2 and use it on both printers.

Am I right?