itsmi

Ultimaker S5 platform heats up to 70C despite setting it to 0C?

Posted · Ultimaker S5 platform heats up to 70C despite setting it to 0C?

Did anyone else encounter this problem? In my print file, I set the build platform temperature to 0C, yet, the printer heats up the platform to 70C. I tried different materials, restarting Cura and the printer, nothing helped.

Are you printing with one material or two? Build plate temperature is a global setting; even if you've set 1 material to 0 degrees, if material 2 is set to 70 degrees it will default to the higher temperature since it's a shared setting.

I'm printing with one material and removed the other material from the printer. I also set the second  material in the Cura software to the same material as the printed material. However, your answer was still helpful, as it made me try to deactivate material 2, which did the trick. I hope this bug will be fixed soon. Thanks!

• Like 1