Adam324

Feature request: Indicator for pause postprocessing enabled

Posted (edited) · Feature request: Indicator for pause postprocessing enabled

I have printed quite a few objects where I forgot that I had pause postprocessing plugin enabled and came back later to a print that was paused waiting for me to change the filament.  Yes... it is my fault for not checking that :).

Is there any chance of a visual indicator or for a pause plugins to pop up anther info box (whatever makes sense) to help remind us that a pause was put into the gcode?  There are a lot of ways it could be done but I am not sure what really would make sense to do.

My favorite is #3 so far.  Any other ideas?

1. Temporary Info box when you slice.  This idea would likely be too much of a nuisance when you always have pauses in your prints so likely not the best idea.

2. A note on the slice status to say that a pause plugin is enabled.  Not in your way and just helps indicate that a pause is in the print.  This I kind of like.

3. When you click the button to send the print to the printer or save the gcode, a temporary info window (non blocking like the other info rectangular areas that pop up to let you know what is going on).  This isn't as much as a nuisance and it would be a nice reminder.  Maybe people wouldn't like the additional info box though if they do pauses all the time.  Maybe it could be an option or something.

4. Other ideas?

Edited by Adam324

Posted · Feature request: Indicator for pause postprocessing enabled

There has been in a button in Cura for quite some time now that shows that a post-processing script is active.

PostProcessing.png

Posted · Feature request: Indicator for pause postprocessing enabled

Thanks!  I didn't notice that.  I will check it out.